Pages

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Chocolate and stilton - the verdict

I promised a report from my guests on Sunday who tested my stilton and port truffles. It has been a bit hectic this week, so I apologise for the delay to all of you who have been holding your breaths.

I served these between my meet course and desert. I did tell what they contained and that it was an experiment and that it was absolutely ok to say they were terrible. But they didn't, sweet things. They said they liked them. And I liked them, too. The cheese taste was there, but it was suitably discreet, so the mix of stilton and mascarpone was good. What was a bit disappointing was that the port filling that was a bit tricky to implement was difficult to taste. It sort of disappeared. I could have used more of it, but that would require larger cavities witch would be more difficult. I could also have concentrated the port by boiling reducing it. Perhaps that would be the solution. But all in all they were good.

Stilton and port truffles, v002 - Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment